Supply and install Bio–Toilet equipment on passenger carriages of Vietnam Railways
The project is aim to provide Bio- Toilet equipment, a Japanese innovative technology in order to improve the service quality on passenger carriages of Vietnam Railways, and terminate discharging living waste and protect environment along railway routes.
Up to now, the project has run through 4 steps including Feasibility study (funded by Japan Ministry of Environment), Pilot test on land, 1st Pilot test on carriage (funded by Japan Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry) and 2nd Pilot test on carriage (funded by Chodai).
Client: Joint Venture of CHODAI – SEIWA DENKO
Funding source: Japan MOE, Japan METI, and Chodai
Duration of contract: 01/07/2014 – now
– Feasibility study: Investigate the current condition of passenger carriage in Vietnam Railways. Survey the data of using toilet in the train on routes.
– Pilot test on land: The Pilot test on land had 1 Bio-Toilet set up at Envitech’s manufacturing workshop in order to serve 60-70 times of use per day.
– 1st Pilot test on carriage: In 1st pilot test on carriage, 01 Bio-Toilet was set up and operated on passenger carriage No.Bn21501 of Vietnam Railways.
– 2nd Pilot test on carriage: In 2nd Pilot test on carriage, 02 Bio-Toilets were installed and operated on passenger carriage No.Bn21501 of Vietnam Railways.
Scope of work :
– Supervise the installation of Bio-Toilet equipment
– Implement the maintenance of Bio-Toilet equipment
Role of the firm: Subcontractor